Admission for Texas State and McCoy College
Students applying to Texas State and McCoy College must be mindful of the Texas State Admissions deadlines as well as the McCoy College priority dates.
|McCoy Priority Application Dates|
|It is recommended that potential students submit their complete application by the priority date. Applications received after the priority date will be considered for admission on a space-available basis.|
Summer & Fall Admission:
New freshmen, transfer students, second degree seekers, returning students, and transient students will begin the application process by applying to Texas State using the Apply Texas website.
|Freshmen||Students who are entering college for the first time|
|Transfer Students||Students who are transferring college credit from another four-year institution or junior college|
|Second-Degree Seekers||Students who have already earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution and who are seeking to complete a second bachelor's degree|
|Returning Students||Former Texas State students who have not been enrolled at Texas State for at least one long semester|
|Transient Students||Students from other universities who temporarily take business courses at Texas State with the intention of transferring back to their home institution|
- Ensure you meet the admission criteria for your circumstances outlined on our Admission Requirements page.
- If you have more than 30 hours of college credit, be sure your required courses (ENG 1310, ENG 1320, and MATH 1329 or their equivalents) are posted to your Texas State record.
- Apply online at www.applytexas.org and follow procedures for admission provided by Undergraduate Admissions. List your first choice major as one of the business majors.
- You will be informed of your admissions decision by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Transient students only: Transient students will need to fill out additional paperwork to enroll in McCoy College courses once they have been admitted to Texas State.