The McCoy College Ambassadors are a select group of students who represent Texas State University and McCoy College of Business to members of the San Marcos business community at McCoy sponsored programs and events. We look for individuals who possess a strong sense of maturity, poise, and sense of pride in their academic institution.
1. Technical Requirements
Prospective members must meet the following requirements:
- Undergraduate McCoy College of Business student
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Nominated by a current McCoy College Ambassador, faculty or staff member
Nominations can be submitted to Caroline Streicher at firstname.lastname@example.org during the nomination period (Monday, February 12- Sunday, February 25, 2018).
2. Membership Application
After your nomination has been received, you will be required to complete an application to further express your commitment and skills to McCoy College Ambassadors Selection Committee. All nominees who meet membership requirements will be emailed the application on February 26, 2018. The deadline to submit the application and resume to Caroline Streicher at email@example.com is 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, March 11, 2018.
Applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified on Thursday, March 15, 2018 if they have been selected for an interview. Applicants will be considered based on the following.
- Quality and strength of resumé
- Responses to interview questions
- Strength of academic and extra-curricular record
- Expressed commitment to promoting McCoy College
3. All interviews will be held on Friday, March 23, 2018. If an applicant cannot interview on this day they will not be eligible to join the MCAs this semester.
4. Acceptance of Position
If you are selected as an Ambassador, you will receive an acceptance email asking that you confirm your acceptance. You should carefully consider this commitment before accepting. Please review the McCoy College Ambassador Constitution to get a better understanding about what to expect from your acceptance of this role.
If you have any questions or concerns, please send an email to Caroline Streicher at firstname.lastname@example.org.