- Your Texas State GPA must be a 2.0 or higher
- You must have a minimum of 120 hours completed
- Your Texas State Core Curriculum must be complete
- Your business GPA must be a 2.25 or higher
- Your business core and major courses must be complete with 50% of all courses completed at Texas State
- 24 of your last 30 hours must be completed at Texas State
- You must have 9 hours of writing intensive coursework completed at Texas State
- You must have 36 advanced hours complete, 24 of which were completed at Texas State, and 12 of which must be in your major
Additional Requirements for Specific Majors/Programs
- For Accounting majors in the 2014 catalog and later: your Accounting GPA must be a 2.5 or higher
- For BA Economics students: your Economics GPA must be a 2.25 or higher
- If you are pursuing a minor, your minor GPA must be a 2.0 or higher
- If you are earning a Teacher Certification, your overall GPA must be a 2.75 or higher
Additional Requirements for Students Using Alternative Course Options
- If you are taking a course off campus in your final semester, you must submit proof of enrollment in that course to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are enrolled in a correspondence course, it must be complete by the last day of the month in which you graduate (May 31, August 31, or December 31)
- If you are planning to take a CLEP exam to complete a course requirement, it must be taken by the Friday before commencement
Requirements for Graduating with Honors
- You must complete 54 hours at Texas State
- Your Texas State GPA must be a 3.4 or higher
Download a Graduation Checklist
You should apply to graduate on the first class day of the semester in which you intend to graduate by accessing the online application. (The application can also be accessed through CatsWeb Self Service under Students > Student Records > Apply to Graduate.)
After you have applied, you will receive an email to your Texas State email account within two weeks updating you on your graduation application status. If any graduation requirements are missing, the advising center will inform you of what you must do to have your application approved.
The final graduation application deadline can be found on the Academic Calendar.
Your approved application will be officially certified after grades post at the end of the semester.
Download the graduation checklist for your next steps.
Students who are not officially graduating but would like to participate in the graduation ceremony must only be lacking one degree requirement to be eligible to participate.
Students who wish to walk should check with their academic advisor to ensure they meet the participation requirements and then should apply to graduate using the link above.
Students will receive an email informing them that do they not meet the requirements to graduate and will be asked to turn in a commencement participation contract to the advising center.
Please note: no late participation contracts will be accepted. Students who wish to participate in commencement should submit their graduation application well before the final deadline to ensure they will be approved to walk.
Students should then reapply to graduate on the first class day of the semester in which they complete their remaining degree requirement in order to receive their diploma.
All information about commencement including:
- dates and time
- check-in procedures
- parking information
- ticket information
- cap & gown information
- invitation information
- program information
- and more
can be found on the commencement website.
NOTE: Students not majoring within the McCoy College of Business should refer to the college of their declared major for tuition rebate information.
The Tuition Rebate Program provides a financial incentive for students to complete their degree with as few extraneous courses as possible. Under Texas Law, Senate Bill 1907, qualified students can receive up to a $1,000 tuition rebate upon graduation. For a full explanation of the policy criteria, see the Undergraduate Catalog.