Second Bachelor's Degree (Post-Baccalaureate)
Prospective second bachelor degree students interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) OR a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) with a major in Economics must complete the following requirements for graduation:
- Student must complete a minimum of 30 new hours of business coursework (ACC, B_A, BLAW, CIS, ECO, FIN, MGT, MKT, QMST). Within these 30 new business hours:
- 24 must be advanced business hours at Texas State
- 12 must be advanced business hours in the major at Texas State
- 24 of the last 30 hours must be completed at Texas State
- 50% of the required business courses (this encompasses business core and major courses) for a second degree must be completed at Texas State
- Business courses completed in a first degree can be used toward Second Bachelor's Degree (as applicable), but students must still complete the minimum hours of new business courses at Texas State listed in the above requirements
- The following General Education Core classes or their equivalents must have been completed in first degree or student must complete them as part of second degree: HIST 1310, HIST 1320, POSI 2310, POSI 2320, MATH 1329
Student interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Business Administration as a second bachelor's degree must meet the following admission requirements:
- Completed a four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Earned an overall GPA of 2.50 or higher in first degree
Students interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Arts with a major in Economics as a second bachelor's degree will be required to complete the following as part of their degree in addition to the business coursework and general education requirements listed above:
- Must declare and complete a minor. See Undergraduate Minors for full list of available options.
- The following must have been completed in first degree or will be required to complete in second degree:
- Sophomore English Literature course
- Life & Physical Science course
- Modern Language Requirement*
*Students seeking a B.A. Degree are required to complete successfully an intermediate proficiency level in a language of their choice (American Sign Language, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish). Students with limited language background may need to complete the first year of language (1410 and 1420) before beginning the intermediate level (2310 and 2320).
For next steps to apply, please visit the Second Bachelor Degree Application page.