Meet your Career Advisor
Mr. Bruce Howard
Career Advisor for all business majors
Make an appointment with Mr. Howard
- Recruiting experience working directly with interns and entry-level candidates entering the accounting and finance fields
- Business development and management background for a large regional CPA firm
- University career services background increasing employer awareness of student talent sources
- Executive leadership and project management positions within the petroleum industry
- Texas State University graduate
Career Advisors are available to help review resumes, help with interview preparation, job search strategies or to answer questions about any career issues or concerns.
Career Services provides students with essential services to help them in their career endeavors.
McCoy College recommends that all students begin their career search strategies early in consultation with Career Services.
Overview of services (but not limited to):
- Individual career counseling
- Assessment inventories
- Information on opportunities with various majors
- Career library
- Internship listings
- Summer jobs
- Job shadowing
- Part-time job
- Resume and cover letter critiques
- Practice interviews
- Job fairs
- On-campus interviews
- Professional dress/suit rental
Career Services is located in the LBJ Student Center, Room 5-7.1.
Visit their website for information about utilizing their services: www.careerservices.txstate.edu