The McCoy College Ambassadors are a select group of students who represent Texas State University and McCoy College of Business to members of the San Marcos business community at McCoy sponsored programs and events. We look for individuals who possess a strong sense of maturity, poise, and sense of pride in their academic institution.
Details Regarding Spring 2021 Recruitment Dates Coming Soon
1. Technical Requirements
Prospective members must meet the following requirements:
- Undergraduate McCoy College of Business student
- Minimum 2.5 overall GPA
- Nominated by a current McCoy College Ambassador, faculty or staff member
- Be able to serve as an MCA for at least 2 long semesters (fall/spring)
Nominations can be submitted to the selection committee during the nomination period
2. Membership Application
After your nomination has been received, you will be required to complete an application to further express your commitment and skills to McCoy College Ambassadors Selection Committee. All nominees who meet membership requirements will be emailed the application and be required to submit the application and resume by a set deadline.
Applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified via email if they have been selected for an interview. Applicants will be considered based on the following:
- Quality and strength of resumé
- Responses to interview questions
- Strength of academic and extra-curricular record
- Expressed commitment to promoting McCoy College
3. All interviews will be held on a set date via Zoom. If an applicant cannot interview on this day they will not be eligible to join the MCAs this semester.
4. Acceptance of Position
If you are selected as an Ambassador, you will receive an acceptance email asking that you confirm your acceptance. You should carefully consider this commitment before accepting. Please review the McCoy College Ambassador Constitution to get a better understanding about what to expect from your acceptance of this role.
If you have any questions or concerns, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.