Studying abroad enables students to diversify their educational experience and become more marketable in a global economy. For business students the best opportunities to study abroad exist during the sophomore and junior years while completing the general education core, business core, or any free electives. There are several types of study abroad programs available to students such as Faculty-Led, International Exchange, Affiliated, and Non-Affiliated.
It is imperative that business students consult with their advisor early on in their time at Texas State if they are interested in study abroad.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Education Abroad Office on January 27, 2021
In view of present global conditions, the summer 2021 Education Abroad traveling programs have been canceled. Application fee refunds will be processed to all enrolled students. If you have any questions please contact Education Abroad at 512-245-1967 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW! Global Online Learning Experience (GOLE)
NOT ABLE TO TRAVEL in 2021? No problem, WE CAN BRING THE WORLD TO YOU!
We invite you to explore our McCoy College GOLE program for Summer 2021
Join Dr. Seth Frei from the Department of Management in a virtual education abroad experience! Courses are conducted fully online and include interactive experiences, live cultural tours, and virtual visits with companies in Germany, Portugal, and Spain.
Virtual Location: Germany, Portugal, and Spain
APD: Dr. Seth Frei (email@example.com)
Dates: Summer I Session (June 1 - June 28, 2021)
- MGT 3453: Business Communications & Professional Development
- MGT 4390V: Professional Skills for the Global Workplace
View: Program Flyer
Applications Open: Monday, March 8th, 2021
Application Deadline: Now Extended to Wednesday, April 7th, 2021
The Global Online Learning Experience (GOLE) programs are distinguished by virtual access to international content achieved through one or more of the following designs, that in addition to achieving academic learning outcomes, develop a positive and engaging international experience for students on social, cognitive, and emotional level (list below is not comprehensive).
- Supplemental or complementary lectures by international faculty
- Student collaboration with international online student teams or student partners
- Cooperative completion of projects, assignments, work products
- Remote lab time
- Open discussion forum between faculty and students of partner institutions
- Live events (such as but not limited to visits to relevant locations, presentations/lectures by guest speakers/experts, interactions with local community/students/host families
- Collaborative Online International Learning pedagogy and practices
Some of the benefits of the GOLE Program are:
- It costs the same as regular classes
- It is innovative and technology friendly for current generation of students
- It is accessible, bringing global opportunities to all students including those who due to financial, work, family, and/or other personal reasons are unable to travel
- It can inspire students to continue exploring the world through travel opportunities
- It can help students prepare for a successful education abroad experience in future semesters
- It helps students develop global competencies
- It internationalizes the curriculum and enhances the online and traditional in-class experiences
After submitting your online interest form, you will want to review all important program information and GOLE Program steps on the Education Abroad website: www.educationabroad.txstate.edu/program-offerings/GOLE
Once you've reviewed all the Education Abroad information, it will be time to begin your application for the program. Please be aware, Steps 3 and 4 below will need to be completed before being able to fully complete submission of your Education Abroad GOLE program application.
After submitting the program interest form and familiarizing yourself with the instructions provided by the Education Abroad office, your next step is working with an Academic Advisor to see if the GOLE program courses can be used toward your degree.
You MUST get advised by an advisor for summer 2021 planning to receive advisor approval for participation.
To set up an advising appointment, please contact our office at 512-245-1993
Part of your Education Abroad program application includes submitting a completed GOLE Program Participation Advisor Approval form. Once you have had your advising completed for your intended program, please visit the following page to complete a request to have your form submitted for advisor approval:
Submitted request forms are returned within 2-3 business days.